At every turn, MotionPoint offered the greatest flexibility. We had full control to tweak a translation here or change something there. That's the thing that won me over. The flexibility.
Senior Director of Communications
UHP leadership identified several goals for the project:
- Provide Spanish-speaking patients with a seamless online UX that could serve as a go-to community resource for health information and to learn about UHP services
- Deliver an experience that conveyed the same authentic, empathetic tone represented throughout UHP’s English website
- Avoid burdening the company’s lean IT resources with countless ongoing tasks
While the company’s English-only online experience wasn’t necessarily harming its brand, UHP is steadfastly committed to creating an inviting, caring environment for its patients, says Robin West, UHP’s Senior Director of Communications.
“We’ve always worked hard to recognize and embrace all members of the community,” she explains. “That includes whatever language they speak, or whatever cultural traditions they might have.”
The greatest problem to for UHP to solve, West says, was how to affordably launch and operate a Spanish website with no ongoing IT or Marketing effort required
MotionPoint’s solution fit the bill. Our fully managed platform delivered a localized UX that educates Spanish-speaking patients on UHP programs and services. And our translations conveyed the warmth and empathy that is so integral to UHP’s brand voice, West says.
The company especially benefitted from these MotionPoint capabilities:
Worry-Free Setup: We eliminated all customer-side IT effort by deploying the servers, software, databases and tools associated with launching and hosting the localized website.
Effortless Ongoing Operation: MotionPoint enhanced UHP’s ability to better serve customers by eliminating the time, money and expertise required to manage and maintain its Spanish website. We fully handle all translation workflows, too.
Translation Accuracy: MotionPoint’s translations met UHP’s high expectations for technical accuracy, nuanced localization of medical terminology, and meticulous replication of the organization’s brand voice.
Translation Flexibility: UHP’s team appreciated the full control they could exercise over the translation process, such as providing Spanish phrases that would best represent UHP’s services, or emotionally resonate with its target audience.
Translation Speed: MotionPoint’s ability to swiftly localize digital content at launch and ongoing was important, too. MotionPoint typically translates, QA’s and publishes text content within one business day of its publication UHP’s origin website.
“MotionPoint aligns with our goal of connecting with patients, but their technology was the true differentiator,” West says. “The flexibility and seamless support of our website and technologies was what won us over. MotionPoint is the most versatile, effortless solution we’ve seen.”
MotionPoint translated and delivered UHP’s Spanish website in less than 60 days. West says MotionPoint’s platform is helping UHP better serve its Spanish-speaking patients:
- The site generates value as a vital and timely educational resource for Spanish-speaking patients, which became especially important during the Covid-19 pandemic
- MotionPoint’s ongoing management and translation of the site, which requires no customer-side effort, frees UHP’s team to focus its communications efforts on education and outreach
- And the Spanish website “affirms our commitment to the community,” says West. “It’s effortless to access, intuitive to navigate and makes it simple for patients to find what they’re looking for.”
“MotionPoint’s translations really deliver the linguistic nuances we were looking for,” West says. “We want to make patients feel comfortable as they navigate through the site. MotionPoint helps us tell patients that we’re here to help them, and we’re here to do it in a way that respects them and their culture.”